WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
02-13-2015, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 04:11 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
hola! ... I'm back with an update from the lab with additional information regarding the 20b WP34s power consumption in 'slow' m-o-d-e / So, for this test everything is setup just as before; the difference being that I ran the 'SLOW' function to drop the processor frequency (according to Marcus, to about half of what 'fast' was...). Again, for the pic I increased the counted loop to gain some camera time...

[Image: wp34s_metrics_slow.jpg]

It took almost twice as long to complete the 20,000 run; this time the voltage drop under load was 3.1v, with a steady current of 8.5 mA ( or power dissipation of about 26.4 mW , ~the power dissipation listed in the 20b specs! )

So, the lesson here is that you will literally cut your power consumption in half ( delta of -53.8 % <decrease> 26 mW-minute vs 57 mW-minute) by setting your proc frequency to 'SLOW' prior to long loops, data transfers, or updates.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-13-2015 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)