Thread Closed 
WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
02-13-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
(02-13-2015 11:50 AM)wob Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 06:43 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  You are the most arrogant, egotistic, boastful, grandiose, imperious, overbearing, pretentious, self-centered, self-important, bloated, conceited, flatulent, flaunting, inflated, magniloquent, narcissistic, orotund, overblown, pontifical, pompous, pretentious, puffed up, supercilious, nagging, vainglorious, and windy ass on this site. Actually, you're the only one. With over 2000 of us; that's going some.
With all due respect - I've followed the discussions here for quite some time - you're not acting like a Super Moderator. Instead you're introducing the most extensive collection of cusses I've ever seen here. Why do you go down to such a low level insulting your opponent? Wanting to act as a Super Moderator you must not be provoked so easily. Let people defend themselves first - I think most of them don't need a Super Nanny. Just keep cool, man.
Just my personal impression, no offence intended.
wob; "It's like deja vu all over again". Another time walter was on time-out a few months ago, someone living near walter, who writes English in the same style, signed up here to ditto him and take me to task for stopping his insults. Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have "new" members.

You said "Let people defend themselves first - I think most of them don't need a Super Nanny." That's your opinion Walter. Maybe it would be your method. It might even be better. I see three problems with that though.
1) Most people don't bother defending themselves, but either way; the keyboard bully just keeps doing it.
2) When they do "defend themselves", the forum becomes a very ugly place. You've seen that in other boards I'm sure.
3) When the first two happen, members just stop participating, and we are a poorer group for that.

If you see my adjectives as cusses and insults then so be it, but be aware; I cuss real good in two languages. In fact, I've been told that in Spanish I'm only fluent in that and "las palabras de seduccion". Not effective mind you, just fluent.

There are other theories to this. Dave and Katie use the "ignore him till he winds down" method or the "delete the post or whole thread" method. Those ways erase the offensive rants and keep the forum more on topic: math, programming, RPN, calculator use - why we're here. I've done that too, to you Walter. However I now think that it just sweeps the problem under the rug, and for a much shorter time. My method is to leave the insults printed so as to remind you what not to do again, and to lock it up so you can't erase the insults. I rub your nose in the mess and whack you with a newspaper. It keeps you polite longer but it does leave a stain on the forum and I do regret that. I would not be writing this particular stain if you, "wob" had not signed up to berate me for putting that other guy on a three day time out.

I could point "you" to some really offensive, ugly and insulting posts but Walter Bonin has thankfully went back and erased over 30 of his "grandes exitos".

I'm locking this thread up. It's went on eleven posts too long and shamefully; three of those are mine. I owe everyone here an apology for this.

Actually Walter; there is one more thing. The forum has a one account per person rule. I am going to enforce it, but I'll let you decide which of your accounts gets erased. You can erase wob's account which began right after you went on time out, or I'll delete Walter Bonin's account with 1556 posts. It's the same number of key strokes either way.

And in the future; if you don't have something nice or neutral to say about a member, then don't say anything. Even thinly veiled dog-mouthing is still dog-mouthing, and smiley emoticons don't make it any more palatable.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe - d b - 02-13-2015 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)