Thread Closed 
WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
02-08-2015, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 08:37 PM by BarryMead.)
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
(02-08-2015 08:00 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  I was wondering a similar thing ... when you mentioned your phone jack idea... similar to the 84 plus I/O... I was wondering if there could be a SEND and a RECEIVE that would allow two WP34s units to be tied together (through the flash port) similar to the 84 plus, so that one machine could be placed in receive mode, and the other machine placed in send mode-- allowing for peer to peer cloning or backup? Is this idea NOT possible?
It is possible to link two WP-34S calculators equipped with the 2.5mm headphone jack using a male to male 2.5mm crossover cable (like the ones made for CASIO calculators) Using the following wiring:

Tip (Calculator 1 RX) -> Ring (Calculator 2 TX)
Ring (Calculator 1 TX) -> Tip (Calculator 2 RX)
Sleeve (Calculator 1 Gnd) -> Sleeve (Calculator 2 Gnd)

I ordered a pre-made "Casio Data Transfer Cable" from here but it isn't due to arrive until next month. (On a slow boat from China I suspect) I will let you know if it is wired properly when it arrives.

Using this cable you can execute SENDA, SENDP, SENDR, or SENDĪ£, on the sending calculator and RECV on the receiving calculator. But there is no complete CLONE feature. If you use the "Samba Boot" keyboard command to flash both calculators with the same calc_xtal_full.bin (or whatever) flash file, they will have the same flash libraries, but their RAM's may still be different after such an operation, because the "Backup Partition" may be different between one calculator and the other. If you completely erase the flash with the "ERASE" button (on your flash box) then both calculators will be IDENTICAL, and their RAM's will be ERASED (empty).
Does this answer your question?
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe - BarryMead - 02-08-2015 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)