[34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures
02-08-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: [34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures
(02-08-2015 07:49 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  In fact, it touches one of the items on my (preliminary and still unpublished) list of possible improvements at least in regard to the (optional) suppression of trailing zeros. I was thinking about proposing TZON / TZOFF commands in DECM mode to either enable trailing zeros (as now) or to suppress more than the necessary amount of trailing zeros and right justify the mantisse. Since a new flag for this seemed to be overkill, I thought, it could be combined with flag 33, which is used for LZON / LZOFF already, and just rename these commands RZON / RZOFF ("redundant zeros on/off").

Ideally, the minimum and maximum number of total digits, digits before the radix mark, digits after the radix mark, how zero padding is used, the high and low cutoff points for switching to exponent notation etc. should all be individually configurable, and then a few presets that correspond to ALL, SCI etc. modes should be provided to make commonly used settings fast to access. The only reason not to implement this level of flexibility is the limited space in the flash and RAM.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures - Bit - 02-08-2015 09:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)