New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
02-08-2015, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 02:30 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
(02-07-2015 11:16 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  Another thing I'd like to know is whether he gets usb transmit distances of more than 50 cm (like across the room) or is that not possible?
If you have 1K resistors in series on your TX and RX lines cumulative cable capacitance becomes more of an issue. My cables don't have the 1K resistors and they seem to work just fine. I think the PULL HIGH voltages on these chips operating at 3.3 Volts probably isn't much above 3 Volts anyway. To cause problems the voltage would have to go .6 to .7 volts above 3V which would make the input protection diodes turn on like SCR's. The data transfer speeds for programs and data (Not flashing) is at 9600 baud, and for flashing is 115200 baud, so one would expect that the emulator/calculator cable distances could be slightly longer than the flashing cable distances, but I have never tried to test these limits.
Hope this helps, Barry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited - BarryMead - 02-08-2015 02:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)