Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
01-31-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
The MLDL2k approach worked like a charm (if way slower, talk about slow motion life compared to the CL - I really need to figure out the issue with CLREADER...)

ok, here's the scoop:

- got all programs from Joe's DAT file into a ROM image, "PPC APPS"

- So far there are 62 FAT entries - Note that the program DIAL is not well suited for the ROM format, as it assumes additional names/ph# will be added into the code , increasing so the number of global LBLs. I have only included one FAT entry for it, so the user could COPY it to RAM ad do as (s)he wishes.

- The FAT entries are haphazardly arranged, no alphabetical order, no logical groups. Do you have suggestions or preferred grouping? Suggestions are welcome - or you'll live with what I do.

- Once the FAT is solid all "XEQ" calls can be converted to XROM instructions, saving a bunch of bytes. I won't do that until having a final and definitive FAT, for obvious reasons.

- The code spans to a second page, therefore this is already an 8k Module. There is about 1k free where we could put some of the programs from the Wickes' book - no idea how many would fit or which ones should logically belong.

Your thoughts?

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested - Ángel Martin - 01-31-2015 10:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)