WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
02-21-2015, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 06:58 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
(02-20-2015 11:37 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  
(02-20-2015 11:02 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  I'm wondering if Marcus controls the RS232ON input to the Q2 BC856A transistor?
I don't think so (but may not remember correctly). The problem with adding the RS232 level converter is that the original cable no longer works (it will probably cause harm). And who has an RS232 interface with that crude connector anyway? I think the provision for such a chip was for a reuse of the platform as an automation controller with custom firmware. I haven't heard of any implementation in this regard.

Thank you, Marcus. Well, it finally dawned on me (sorry, I'm slower than the rest of you) this little micro controller could be 'repurposed' to|for other broad purposes besides being a calculator- duh. Like that line from Star Wars when Solo gets fed-up with 3-PO (3-PO is afraid he'll be shut down) and Solo says, "Nooo, I need you to tell me what's wrong with the Falcon... take the professor 'back' and plug him into the hyper-drive..." I got to realizing that with some soldering and a little programming I could use this thing to read, adj, and set the fuel injectors | timing on my Chevy Silverado... I call 'her' the Falcon too... Chevrolet has that stupid thing set to guzzle gasoline (if you lean it out a bit and adj the timing you can improve its mileage, reduce its pinging under load, and have better pick-up power... ) the trouble is that you have to adj it under power using a console that is proprietary to GM. Um, maybe not anymore. (I've been thinking along these lines for a while; Rasb PI, Arduino, but... this little puppy may be the ticket... maybe.

<sorry, I digress...>

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-21-2015 05:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)