Poll: Which way do you want to let the calculator be bootstrapped? (Explanations in OP)
A)
B)
C)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Bootstrapping landscape alphanumeric RPN
01-07-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Bootstrapping landscape alphanumeric RPN
Quote:What's the rock-bottom cheapest compatible Android tablet?

I would NEVER recommend the "cheapest" Android tablet. While there are lots of cheap Android tablets, they are usually of pretty poor performance and you would most likely not be satisfied - especially since you are used to iPhone/ipad products. Steer clear of those really cheap off-brand "Android" tablets that seem to be everywhere today.

I highly recommend the Google Nexus 7 tablet. It's reasonably priced and will give you the true Android experience without the manufacturer adding his own layer/skin over the operating system. You might be able to save some money if you can find a used Nexus. Since it is Google, you get the latest version of the Operating System.

Likewise, a used Android cell phone from someone who has upgraded will work. Just make sure it had a replaceable battery so you can put a new battery in it since most used phones already have 2 years of heavy use on them.

Free42s will run on almost any of the Android OS from Gingerbread (2.3) up. I use my old DroidX phone in airplane mode. It has a replaceable battery which I installed with the high capacity battery.

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bootstrapping landscape alphanumeric RPN - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 01-07-2015 01:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)