Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
02-12-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice
(02-12-2014 10:54 AM)HP67 Wrote:  I have my new, still in the plastic 50g in front of me. Your picture shows the green markings much brighter than they actually appear. Yes, they're green, but they're not the same green as the green shift key, which appears to be very dark green.

The blue on the shift key seems lighter than and doesn't seem to match the blue markings on the top/left of each key.

The orange shift key doesn't match the apparently yellow markings on the top/right of each key.

So this is what I mean by disturbingly mismatched.

It could be argued it should be good enough that we get the idea that one green is related to another green and light blue ought to be good enough to tell us the darker blue corresponds to it, and the orange key ought to signal to us that the yellow keyboard markings are what it corresponds to then yes, we can figure it out. But should we have to?

Given the colors are close (somewhat) but no cigar, it is very hard on the eyes and doesn't seem like much thought was given to selecting them. The 48 models, on the other hand, have shift keys that match the keyboard markings exactly.

I see. Thanks for clarifying that. I wonder why the photo is different from the actual machine. Have there been color variations? Probably simply an inaccurate photo.

Quote:Are you looking at pic or do you have one or more blue 50g models in your vast collection? I think the pic looks better than the actual calculator, which is why I bought one in the first place!

You're right: I was basing my statements solely on that photo. I've never owned a blue 50g, because I never wanted one, not because of keyboard legibility, but because I think it looks silly. If I had owned one, I would have seen what you see: the photo above is misleading.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - donald Williams - 02-11-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: Color Blindness and HP Prime keys color choice - Joe Horn - 02-12-2014 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)