RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
04-04-2024, 05:35 PM
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S
(04-04-2024 04:08 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I really wish the 84 keypad would work with the original CAS model. Strange that TI didn't make them compatible!

I suspect that it was a financial/marketing decision, rather than a technical one. I was away from the calculator world for 25-30 years. I came back to see 25 years of amazing technological improvements... which are thoroughly crippled by the requirements of school exam boards and the narrow curriculum of high school students. It's sad. On the other hand, Texas Instrument is still in the business of making calculators, and HP is not, so I have to give them credit for that.

(04-04-2024 04:08 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I don't mind the baby-blue color, but the way they added alpha keys to the Nspire keypad is really bizarre...

There are 3 different Nspire keypads that I see on eBay, the 84+ keypad that I posted earlier, a second one with the alpha keys on the bottom, and third one with the alpha keys off to the side. (See attached photos)

Which one do you mean? The one with the alpha keys on the bottom would be 3X more useful in a QWERTY layout, but we can't have that because... School Exam Boards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: RPN83P: RPN calculator for TI-83+ TI-84+ inspired by HP-42S - bxparks - 04-04-2024 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: TomC, 2 Guest(s)