HP49g+ plotting multiple functions
08-15-2014, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2014 04:21 AM by Joe Horn.)
RE: HP49g+ plotting multiple functions
(08-14-2014 03:18 PM)MathAssassin Wrote:  Another question if you don't mind. I am following this guide to convert between polar and rectangular coordinates. However, when attempting to enter a polar coordinate to the stack, I am not able to enter an angle in radians in the form of an expression of pi.

For example, in MODE I have Radians angle measurement and Polar for coordinate system. In the stack I attempt to input () 1 ALPHA Right-Shift 6 Left-Shift SPC
to try to enter (1,pi) ... but I get "invalid syntax". I tried to use '' as well to no avail.

Can't do that (as you discovered). The angle symbol is only a direct numeric entry method; it can't be mixed with calculations. It's like trying to enter 1.23 EEX (2^4) to get 1.23E16. That doesn't work because EEX only allows digits, not calculations. Same with the angle symbol while entering polar angles.

Suggestion #1: Leave your calculator in polar display mode, but create the point using the ->V2 function (in the MTH VECTR menu) instead of the angle symbol. Make sure flag -19 is set (that forces the ->V2 function to create a complex number instead of a vector). Example:

To create the polar point (7.8 angle pi/6), type 7.8 pi 6 / ->V2.

To see the angle in terms of pi, use ARG ->Qpi.

Suggestion #2: Use degrees. They're neater. Wink

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP49g+ plotting multiple functions - Joe Horn - 08-15-2014 04:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)