What to do with a bunch of slightly depleted 9V batteries?
08-08-2014, 07:12 AM
RE: What to do with a bunch of slightly depleted 9V batteries?
(08-08-2014 06:08 AM)eried Wrote:  You can connect 2 of them and make a little hand warmer for a while. Why don't you use a DC adapter for that device? 1x fresh 9V per day sounds quite wasteful

I totally agree, but there are two things to consider. First, the pump uses a very proprietary power connector, and there's no way I'd find anything that fits. Secondly, though I may be a tinkerer at heart, when it comes to medical devices, I stay far, far away from unofficial modifications! Thus I'm trying to make up for the waste on the back end. If that requires buying something cool from eBay, so be it. Wink

(08-08-2014 06:34 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  I'd use a plug pack instead. They can be bought with a 9V battery tab.

Clever idea, but then I'd be stuck to the wall for the full 12 hours, and my bladder definitely can't take that! Th pump supports an external power supply and battery pack, but alas, I was not provided with either.

(08-08-2014 06:34 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Alternatively, rechargeable nine volt batteris are available. I'm not sure how their voltage compares with a real one -- I'd imagine 9.6 or 8.4 volts.

Could be an option, but again, I'm extremely reluctant to use anything besides what's given when it comes to medical devices. Particularly with something as crucial as an IV pump.

(08-08-2014 06:34 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  You could open them up and extract the AAAA batteries that are often inside. Not sure what you could use them for though.

Yeah, I'll probably give this a try at least once.

(08-08-2014 06:34 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  Finally, I wish you a full recovery from whatever caused this treatment.

Thanks. It's just more BS from the Crohn's disease, same thing that had me in the hospital a couple months ago writing a bunch of 48GX and WP-34S programs to stay busy/sane. Essentially, I'm unable to eat a sustaining diet for a few months, so this is taking it's place. The good news is I can redirect the grocery budget to more calculators/computers/video games. My wife will be thrilled, no doubt.

But what to do with all these batteries I'll be receiving...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to do with a bunch of slightly depleted 9V batteries? - Dave Britten - 08-08-2014 07:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)