HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace
07-12-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace
(07-12-2014 08:48 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 04:59 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  I'm a middle school math teacher and each year I challenge my students to beat me at "the 50 game." This is a game for 2 players. Players take turns choosing a number from 1 to 6 and keeping a running grand total, and the one who is able to hit exactly 50 is the winner.

Do you also play it with multiple heaps? I've just written a program for the HP-42S that lets you play the game with 4 heaps: 1 - 3 - 5 - 7
But it's boring as you always lose.

It might be difficult to do that with the solver of the HP-17B as the XOR function is missing. But I'm sure there's a way to circumvent that hindrance.

Kind regards
Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Actually, XOR is included in the 17b solver, along with AND, OR, and NOT.

I haven't considered multiple heaps in my implementation. When you run it, if you win it beeps at you (courtesy \(\div\)0), and if you lose it returns 3507 (I got that from some old HP calculator program, I forget which one at the moment).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace - Don Shepherd - 07-12-2014 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)