HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
10-24-2014, 08:04 AM
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade
(10-19-2014 07:44 PM)mop80087 Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 12:55 AM)oldhpfan Wrote:  Just for the history, the HP-25 had a minor bug (as I recall for a couple of very small values it wouldn't calculate sine correctly). We were offered a 'send in the calc for repair' offer. I didn't bother because the bug was so esoteric but later when my 25 stopped charging I got it back with a note that the chip responsible for the bug had been replaced too.

Does the rev c prime have anything else besides the wireless fix? Not sure I'll bother if that's it I knew it didn't work when I bought it...if you didn't need some dongle to make it work than yeah it might be nice...and I don't need calc to calc. As for resale value well by the time I'm through with it it will be worthless anyway unless it's an antique...my 67 is in a box somewhere hope it will be worth a fortune soon Wink.

I understand your point of view, but ...
Most who bought the HP PRIME was to use with USB wireless or with HP StreamSmart 410 (my case) because it was the big publicity of HP and not a simple bug that doesn’t affects practically anyone. If I want to upgrade de hardware I need to send my calculator from Portugal to USA and spend 120€ in DHL practically the some that I spend when I bought. So, sorry but, I don’t understand what you are talking about.

Cumprimentos
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Diamantino

Well my question was not directed at you!! This thread has lots of posts going back quite a bit in time and I was addressing them and adding my view point. I also asked if there was anything else that was upgraded in the Rev C. which might be of interest to me and others who knew about the wireless problems and didn't care and bought the calculator anyway but might possibly be interested in what the REV C has to offer. I also added to the history mentioned earlier about the HP-35 pointing out how HP once handled a problem with HP-25, I'm not sure why that confused you.
I'm sorry you have problems but hopefully maybe HP will set up somewhere you can send it back in the EU (I have things sent by mail, but it takes 3-4 weeks to get from the U.K. to California, so not much help unless you can live without the calc for a couple of months Sad ).

I have since seen that apparently the C revision has some RF shielding the A does not which is interesting but again I ask is there anything else?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP should offer a free hardware upgrade - oldhpfan - 10-24-2014 08:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)