41CL and Mac Mojave - USB-to-serial device no longer in /dev
01-05-2019, 05:45 PM
RE: 41CL and Mac Mojave - USB-to-serial device no longer in /dev
(01-05-2019 05:27 PM)smp Wrote:  I've been at this since yesterday... I've had a variety of problems, including batteries dying, timeouts, the calculator going to sleep unattended, and the computer going to sleep unattended. Sigh!

This morning, I performed a complete update (without using the CPONLY command) and the 41CL did the complete check (1h, 25m, 58s), and finished off indicating that NUT0-N, TIME-3A, and YFNZ-4F still need to be updated. BUT, when I did the * and FLUPD, the 41CL screen goes blank for a couple of seconds, and then beeps showing UPD DONE. BUT, no commands were ever sent over to the PC to download the files.

I'm stumped at this point. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

smp

Those three images are in the OS sector. This sector will never be updated unless you explicitly enable the sector for updating. I will update the manual to make this more obvious. Right now it's only described in the P8UPD function description. If you execute the OSUPDT command before you do the FLUPD it will proceed with updating the OS sector.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL and Mac Mojave - USB-to-serial device no longer in /dev - Monte Dalrymple - 01-05-2019 05:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)