(48GX) SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
08-13-2016, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 10:09 PM by JDW.)
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-)
Matthias & Bob,

Thank you for your replies.

Last night, I was reading the StartHere.pdf that comes with the latest 15.01 version of SpeedUI. Installation instructions are presented on page 2. Some libraries can be saved to port 0 (which I assumed includes merged memory) or port 1. Nothing is said about the other libraries, which implies they can be saved in any port, such as a 4MB card in slot 2.

Uninstallation looks rather complex though in that you need to know the "library number" of each library in order to uninstall them. And since those numbers are not given in that PDF I would assume those numbers change in accordance with whatever port you use to install them.

Understanding that SpeedUI is both Modular and Newer, Meta Kernel nevertheless appears to retain 2 key advantages: (1) it all fits on a 128k merged card in slot 1, and (2) one of the slowest and most painful features of the HP48 is the Equation Writer, which Meta Kernel replaces by SpeedUI does not.

I will send an email to Raymond, at his "magic48" email address listed at the back of his SpeedUI.pdf, alerting him to this thread for further discussion. Hopefully that email address is still valid.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HP 48GX] SpeedUI 14.01 released:-) - JDW - 08-13-2016 10:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)