"Life it too short to read the manual"
09-17-2018, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 11:39 AM by pier4r.)
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual"
(09-17-2018 11:16 AM)franz.b Wrote:  so youtubers read the manuals ... [Image: omino_mento.gif]

Well I am not sure whether it is sad or not. I think it is ok, people prefer this or that format for the information.
Now one can joke on people checking youtube for their private stuff, but as Maximilian had tranings back in the days (actually the same happens even today), there are people with more knowledge that provide simplified and to the point solutions to the user requesting it. It is no different than an help topic in this forum.

I followed on Udemy some courses for AWS (videos). After the third lesson one can realize that the speaker is just wrapping the nice documentation from AWS with a couple of additional examples. One doesn't need to follow the videos at all.
Actually a lesson in the university is nothing else than a real time (and space) video.
So while I would be inclined myself to say "ah, you follow videos instead of reading -_-", it is actually nothing bad when the video is good or at least exposes the documentation properly.

I can say for myself that I can follow lectures (and therefore videos), but then I have to take notes if the content is not simple. This because ultimately I prefer to process textual information.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Life it too short to read the manual" - pier4r - 09-17-2018 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)