A few Woodstock Low Power questions
05-31-2018, 03:47 PM
RE: A few Woodstock Low Power questions
Hello!

(05-31-2018 02:37 PM)Archilog Wrote:  2. Since Panamatik is offering a GPS option, I'm also interested in adding it to my purchase, but I would like to know what precision it can afford; the idea behind this is to use the calc to determine N-E-S-W directions easily. So, what can I expect from this GPS?

I leave question 1 and 3 for Panamatik to answer (my guess, after playing with such a calculator since some time would be that with the current firmware the answers are "No" and "No") but I can answer question no. 2:

According to specs the GPS module employed has an accuracy of 3m (10ft). As you will use it stationary mostly the actual accuracy should be better than that because it will average many measurements. It does not contain a compass however (like most smartphones or tablets) so don't expect to get direct direction information from it in stationary mode. You could of course walk a little distance either way and look at the ground track display but this is not going to be very accurate or practical. The cheapest electronic compass (for my telescope I bought one on eBay for 1 Euro, it even features display illumination) will be better suited for the purpose.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few Woodstock Low Power questions - Maximilian Hohmann - 05-31-2018 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)