hp 50G vs hp 35s (keyboard and overall build-quality)
04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
RE: hp 50G vs hp 35s (keyboard and overall build-quality)
(04-10-2018 04:08 PM)Ask Mait Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 09:09 PM)zx_spectrum Wrote:  i have heard a lot of horror stories about how flimsy and cheap the keyboard (and overall build-quality) of hp 35s is.
most of reviewers of hp 35s related that to the fact that hp 35s is not manufactured by hp any more but rather by some chinese company (kinpo)
so i was wondering whether the 50G also suffers from the same poor keyboard quality as the 35s.!!!

i am aware of the fact the the 50G is not as robust as the 48G and i am aware of the fact the keyboard and overall feel of 50G is just OK, BUT how is it when compared to the NOTORIOUS hp 35s ?

is the 50G as bad with the same cheap feel as the the 35s ?

I think you are worrying too much about the keyboard and general built quality, rather you can focus on what your needs are/ what it would be used for. From your post, doesn't look like you have experience with any of the 50g, 35s, 48g and probably you are attracted to these stuff only by looking at the cult following numbers..
Man, my advise would be to do some logical thinking, you are an educated person (like everybody else on this website) so use your brain for identifying the purpose of purchasing a new calculator, don't let your heart influence a scientific decision and leave it for pumping blood.

"From your post, doesn't look like you have experience with any of the 50g, 35s, 48g"
you are right about 35s and 50g but wrong about the 48g as i am a proud owner of 48g (not-a-Singapore one though)

"probably you are attracted to these stuff only by looking at the cult following numbers.."
i fell in love with RPN since i first encountered it in 2006

"so use your brain for identifying the purpose of purchasing a new calculator"
well, i have recently heard that all 48G/X will die soon (LCD bleeding issue) . so considering the fact that the future is a calculator app on smartphone-like hardware besides the idea of continuing my life with my very-hated birthday-gift casio scares the %$^# out of me.
so i am trying decide between whether to invest in 50G or stick to more 48G's from eBay because as a guy with PhD in robotics i sure can make a use of a nice machine in daily life
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp 50G vs hp 35s (keyboard and overall build-quality) - zx_spectrum - 04-10-2018 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)