My humble homage to International Women's Day
03-10-2018, 09:11 AM
RE: My humble homage to International Women's Day
(03-09-2018 09:00 PM)brickviking Wrote:  We have had examples of people working right up until they were 100. Yes, it's spectacularly rare, but studies are certainly showing that the longer you're "able" to work, will make you healthier than your compatriots. I have no problems with well-qualified people (especially if they keep up with modern technological advances) working on into their eighties without obvious impairment.

The problem is not being able to work or not. The problem is that work is healthier if otherwise you don't have anything to do for real and you may drift in bad habits when at home. Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people are not so motivated at home, doing mostly low effort activities that may be not so so healthy for the body or for the spirit. At work one has to put effort in what one does (most of the time at least).

How many people do you hear saying "I am really longing to go home, I want to read that book" / "I want to use my sew machine" / "I want to paint" / "I want to play around with calculators" (well that is rare) / "I want to travel with my bike" / "I want to do whatever active activity" ? The majority is captured by repetitive TV series and that's it. I mean I am not against TV series, but not consumed in a large quantity (and I am also guilty of this).

And I am not against people that wants to continue to work. But if you have something to do at home, as I suspect everyone here, working is only taking time from things that one would like to do more often.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My humble homage to International Women's Day - pier4r - 03-10-2018 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)