When did HP retire their two-shot molded keys?
03-04-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: When did HP retire their two-shot molded keys?
(03-04-2018 11:26 AM)pier4r Wrote:  side question. Do printed keys really wear off so easily? It is not a question to convey "who cares about molded keys", I really want to know whether printed keys are that bad.

In my experience symbols on keys wear off mostly when the print is light, although it happens still after enough use. I worn off a couple of symbols on some cheap computer keyboards, but likely after tens of thousands of key presses on each of those keys. Many other (cheap) keyboards are lasting for years with all the symbols still there.
Tens of thousand of key presses on a single key of a calculator keyboard are a dream for me.

Another thing I observed is that I scratched away (due to hitting with the nails the small keys) the symbols from some keys on two cellphones with physical keyboards (nokia 3109 classic and nokia e5-00), but after years of intense usage, mostly texting and logging notes.

Has anyone ever worn off printed symbols on calculator keyboards? (whatever calculators, even those with big keys for accounting) Of course not considering defective printing, that can peel off or the like.

Not on calculators but I have on a fair number of data collectors over the years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: When did HP retire their two-shot molded keys? - Ken S - 03-04-2018 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)