(Free42) matrix copy/paste bug
02-08-2018, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 08:36 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: (Free42) matrix copy/paste bug
(02-07-2018 08:32 AM)Werner Wrote:  Google sheets is indeed the way to define the matrices once and be able to copy/paste them in both the Windows version and the iOS version (well I need to test iOS v2.0.13 still) IF you format the column with numerical values as text. There does not seem to be a numerical format that shows all digits, and switches to scientific notation when the numbers get too small or too large, like, well, the 42S does ;-)

The new Paste functionality (in Free42 2.0 and later) gets the "text" version of the clipboard, and that contains numerical data in whatever way the originating spreadsheet chose to represent it, including the loss of precision that may result from whatever format is in place.

There are two ways around that: (1) find a way to make the spreadsheet show the numbers at full precision, or (2) add code to core_paste() in Free42 that handles the various vendor-specific data formats that spreadsheets put on the clipboard.

Unfortunately, the "text" (tab-delimited) format is the only one that all the spreadsheets that I tested with support. (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers, and LibreOffice Calc.) Unless someone pays me to do it, option (2) from the previous paragraph is not going to happen, because it's a *lot* of work, so (1) is what I would recommend. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(Free42) matrix copy/paste bug - Werner - 02-06-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: (Free42) matrix copy/paste bug - Thomas Okken - 02-08-2018 08:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)