How to store blistered NIB-Calculators?
02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: How to store blistered NIB-Calculators?
I suppose others are more concerned with keeping the original packaging intact than I am. Some time ago I acquired a spare 50g that I am keeping for my own purposes as a hedge against the inevitable eventual failure of my "daily use" one. The unit came with both a CR2032 (in a folded plastic wrapper that was taped to the internal packaging) and a shrink-wrapped set of 4 AAA alkalines. The AAAs were visible through the side of the blister pack, and were already corroded when I received the unit.

I simply used an Exacto knife to slit three sides of the blister, leaving the 4th as a hinge. This allowed easy access to remove all of the batteries. All other contents were left undisturbed. I then simply wrapped the entire package in several layers of plastic wrap (the kind you normally find in household kitchens). If I'd had a Ziploc bag large enough, I would have used that instead.

I'll confess it's not a very attractive option, but I was more concerned with function than form in this situation. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to store blistered NIB-Calculators? - DavidM - 02-06-2018 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)