Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set
03-08-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set
(03-08-2018 02:31 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  Sure, the Advanced Functions Hanbook is a very good start. I remember back in the day studying it after back from work, what a pleasure, brings me back good memories...

I can recommend, if you are a RPL guy, the Bill Wickes HP28S insights, a pleasure to read too. The book is fantastic and it's a good intro to the RPL world.

You can use an emulator or go to TAS and find one, it is not expensive, but pay attention on the battery door area, normally it is broken , but there are ways to overcome this problem.

I do recommend you to acquire a 28S whenever possible.

Cheers

I, too, have fond memories of the 28S, it was my introduction to RPL and was a real technical marvel in its day. Now, however, being used to the HP 50 and all the great libraries available for it, the 28 seems rather constricting, like trying to fit into the jeans I could wear in 1987. (!)

I second Bob's recommendation of Wickes' HP-48 Insights Part I (GX Version), as it has information and programming techniques that are still relevant today.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reading suggestions from the HPmuseum document set - John Keith - 03-08-2018 11:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)