Saving the state of HP41 CL to PC
12-27-2017, 11:30 PM
Saving the state of HP41 CL to PC
Hi, I am wondering if there is a good way to save the state of the HP-41CL to PC.

I've got a nice set-up with YFNX, POWERCL_EXT, XPMM, AMC/OSX, Lib#4, Hepax + 4k RAM, plus a couple programs and key assignments. I've used the Expanded Memory functions from Angel and Monte to store the CL configuration into section 2, as well as the MM & XM into block 2.

As long as I have only "minor" hang ups, I can always regain my state by doing a "memory Lost", disable MMU, loading YFNX, enable MMU, RCLCFG 2, YBK-MM 2, YBK-XM 2. It still takes a number of keystrokes though.

However, even worse, if my calc hangs up and I need to take out the batteries, it seems save to do a XEQ "MMUDIS", XEQ "MMUCLR" after getting to "Memory Lost".

At this point it is my understanding that both the CL configuration as well as the MM & XM area is deleted and can not be recovered via RCLCFG and YBK-??. Please do correct me if this is not true.

Is there an easy way to save the state of the calculator (MM, XM, Loaded modules) to the PC and then load again from PC? Ideally this can be done with the YFNZ only.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Cheers,

PeterP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Saving the state of HP41 CL to PC - PeterP - 12-27-2017 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)