How does the DM42 accuracy compare to other calculators ?
12-22-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: How does the DM42 accuracy compare to other calculators ?
(12-22-2017 07:00 PM)Logan Wrote:  So in this case, I tried ln(-2), received an error, and then did ln(-2 +i0), which returns the expected result. That's why I was saying you almost had to know the result was going to be complex.

OK, I understand your point better now.

(12-22-2017 07:00 PM)Logan Wrote:  While on say, my 42s, it simply returns a complex number (since I have complex results turned on). I suppose the problem with that method for the 34s is that you would have to have some indicator that there is a complex result stored in both the x and y register. Maybe there is a way to do that (some complex results equivalent switch).

In a way the 34s does this automatically. A result of a complex operation is displayed in two lines: the real part in the lower line (7-segment display) and the imaginary part above in the dot matrix display. So for ln(–2) it shows 0,693147... and above this "i 3,14159265". You can also permanently turn on the Y-register-view: the MODE menu has two special YDON and YDOFF commands for this.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does the DM42 accuracy compare to other calculators ? - Dieter - 12-22-2017 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)