What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
03-30-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
(03-29-2014 10:37 PM)sylvandb Wrote:  That's why I have $100+ cherry keyswitch keyboards on my three primary computers instead of the typical $10 (or less) keyboard switches.
Got a daskeyboard at work (Cherry blue version - thanks, Boss). Being a technical writer dealing with InDesign and XML, that was easily justified and actually the number of missed characters went down to zero. At home, I can impossibly justify such an investment as the weak points about my Logi K520 just don't matter.

While my personal preferences might not be of interest, the usual observation in science and engineering (I had *lots* of jobs) is that professionals around me use inexpensive 4-bangers or Casio/Sharp/TI calculators. The wish for a quality calculator, as much as I understand it, doesn't reflect the preference of the majority of professionals.

Last not least, these inexpensive calculators I wrote about aren't disposables. People used them since decades. And not being upgradeable is actually a plus. Less parts, less failures, less involvement in the technical side of things and a predictive behaviour after becoming familiar with your tool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now? - Thomas Radtke - 03-30-2014 09:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)