What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now?
Please note the pictures in my previous post were and are nothing more than just painted dreams (I had hoped the term 'vapourworx' being a sufficient hint). The respective model numbers had a meaning at the indicated time of publication - they are not, however, linked to any current project. Especially the 43S of 2009 is a very early antecessor of what we pursue with our present 43S project.

When I wrote about 'layouting', that requires having at least a calculator model of definite size, a fixed matrix of keys, and a display we know. Given those basic data, we can design a keyboard layout (sic!) - the user interface of the future calculator. The software design can be begun as soon as the electrical hardware is at least sufficiently known. To give you an idea about the time frame of such a project: Pauli and I began discussing in 2008 what later became the WP 34S - the first real WP 34S was created in 2011. Please look at http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-8.html for more information about our (HP-30b based) WP 31S and the (new) WP 43S, our currently active projects.

Hope this explains what may have been left unclear. Else continue asking (and please (!) use <Quote> so the forum software can put your post at the right place in the thread - else it may be hard to determine what you are referring to).

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would your ideal HP calc look like now? - walter b - 03-24-2014 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)