on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
12-04-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics
(12-04-2017 06:50 PM)Gene Wrote:  1) Most of what I compute is off the cuff on the spot computation where I am gathering data and having to compute things that were not prepared in advance. I don't **know** the formula up front so I work through it by hand. To me, RPN wins here hands down. I can compute a result and if it turns out I need to compute another result and then use it on the first result, I find RPN easier to do this in than algebraic.

Gene, you've summarized nicely in the above quote what has been nagging at me as I've been reading through this thread. The type of use you are describing matches quite closely to most of what I tend to do, as opposed to many who seem to make frequent use of formulas and symbolic manipulation of expressions. I agree with you that an RPN environment more readily facilitates this kind of calculation scenario.

I'd also add that the ability to show multiple stack entries simultaneously provides great benefit to this type of use. I've never had much need for plotting functions, but the added real estate for showing more of the stack is what I miss the most when I pick up one of my "only X displayed" units.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the RPN mentioning sharp pc-1211, v.albillo, el-506w and recurring topics - DavidM - 12-04-2017 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)