Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
12-06-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Update of ILPer to 2.25 and all other IL programs
(12-06-2017 06:26 PM)Mike (Stgt) Wrote:  I tried with Emu41....
[snip]
Without doubtless evidence I asume DOSBox could be the problem. In addition it is slow. So if you do have to copy disks and you are comfortable with HP71 I suggest to use Emu71/Win with ILper to do so.

Mike, thanks for the testing feedback. I do not use EMU41, so trying to learn that while testing will only lead to more confusion (mine!).

I too suspect DOSBox is part of the problem here, but only by testing and reporting can the issues be found and corrected. I think Christoph is correct that, as slow as it is, DOSBox is the easiest and best way for most users to get this working; the process to set up and configure a true VM is complex, time-consuming and varies greatly from host to host, so instructions and help are big problems.

And no, none of this is about files I must copy, just feedback about the new ILPer and ILPilsim.

@JFG - Is there a way to configure EMU7x to have the external HP-IL device chain be before the internal device chain? If so, then I can enable the Scope log in ILPer and capture the traffic going to the drive that is failing. But perhaps this is still useful even as-is? Please advise.

@CG - Can I use ILPer v2.24 or 2.23 with ILPilsim to see if the issue is connected with the changes in v2.25? As ILPilsim was released together with v2.25, I want to make sure older versions are also compatible.

Thanks guys!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)