Editing Bug: occasional write filename into file
11-07-2017, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 10:25 AM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Editing Bug: occasional write filename into file
I have been seeing an occasional bug over the last couple of weeks on Android.

After editing a program, say LIST, I make a backup, selecting More/Save LISTF (appending 1-3 characters after the name).

Then I see an unexpected syntax error (I'm making a good backup, not a random one).

On checking, I see one of my procedures calls is now something like
RETURN mat2LISTF
And has to be changed back to
RETURN mat2list or whatever
In order to correct the syntax error.

So, More/Save and appending character(s) to save to a different file, is changing the text of the procedure name to include the filename. The file is created.

I have only seen this about 4 times over the last couple of weeks, but its only over the last few weeks that I have been editing regularly - for the previous few months usage had been infrequent due to time pressures. It is becoming more frequent.

Also, for a few days editing a 40KB file was getting very sluggish, although this has now returned to normal.

Has anyone else seen this?

(Perhaps I should mention that my 8GB RAM/64GB SD Android phone regularly complains that it has insufficient MB to update applications, in case that is relevant).

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Editing Bug: occasional write filename into file - StephenG1CMZ - 11-07-2017 07:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)