a degree radians question....
10-23-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: a degree radians question....
(10-23-2017 01:41 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Sorry, but this syntax is a Home "trick" and is not supported by the CAS.

there is a ged to rad in cas if I remember well, but I do not remember the exact function name.

Cyrille

Yes, and that is the crux. A dedicated <angle button> has been set up on the keyboard to handle a polar coordinate notation but the algebra is not implemented consistently and fully in Home and CAS. (There is even a degree button (° ‘ “) that could be used to distinctly separate the rad and degree units.

It’s a pity. Polar coordinates algebra and the ability to effortlessly move between Polar and Rectangular coordinates, degree and radians is one of the most used function on a calculator for engineering students. The frustrating thing is that the Prime have all functionality under the hood just not assigned to the <angel> button and only recognizes the polar <angel> notation in certain cases in Home.

It would be fantastic if HP could realize the value of the <angel> button by assigning this existing logic to it. While at it please allow the user to use the degree button (° ‘ “) to enter the angel in degrees explicitly e.g. 2<30°.

Imaging how much easier it would be to just type exactly (no more no less): 2<30° * 4<(π/4) * (1+2i) / (3 + 3i) (settings at radians) and then use < to shift between the Polar and Rectangular coordinates (Home does shifting with the < button but CAS doesn’t).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a degree radians question.... - Anders - 10-23-2017 03:39 PM
RE: a degree radians question.... - Anders - 10-23-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: a degree radians question.... - Anders - 10-23-2017, 10:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)