Algebraic Programming Language APL
10-19-2018, 01:24 PM
RE: Algebraic Programming Language APL
(10-19-2018 09:15 AM)brickviking Wrote:  I went another route with my setup and used WinCompose (https://github.com/samhocevar/wincompose). What that does is provides your Right-Alt (or whatever other key you nominate) as a Compose key. I don't have to worry about holding down the Alt-key and then typing on the numeric keypad (assuming I remember the right character out of 3294 of them). Instead, I hit Compose then ' then e for é, Compose ~ n gives me ñ, Compose ^ a results in â, and so on. If you click on the system tray applet, you can see a list of the 1764 characters it supports. Yes, it's not everything, but it's a decent subset. From what I can tell, it's a cut down AutoHotKey script wrapped in an executable; however it certainly seems to work.

The nice part is that you can define your own compose key sequences.

Some of the built-in compose sequences are not actually usable because they are composed from characters that are already exotic enough to be untypeable, and there is no support for recursive compose sequences as far as I can tell (not that that limitation is unique to WinCompose).

Still, you can type cool things such as (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻ (table flip like a boss) easily.

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Algebraic Programming Language APL - ijabbott - 10-19-2018 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)