Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair
10-09-2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair
(10-08-2017 04:17 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  There were rumors for some time (ages ago) of a 27SII, which would have added RPN, like the 17BII, 19BII, etc. but it seems it was only a passing thought, as no samples have ever been seen.

I certainly do wish such an updated model were available. More memory perhaps and the Cash Flow functions of the HP17Bii would have been very handy. Seems like adding RPL would have been natural given it already has a four level "answer history."

(10-08-2017 08:22 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Very nice. I carry a 27S around with me daily. It's got a great feature set, and what it's lacking can often be added via the solver.

Having recently left the rat race, I spend more time calculating returns on investment than inverting complex matrices! With the manual at hand in physical rather than PDF form, plus Martin Hepperle's excellent article on the Solver, I'm trying to reproduce some of the missing features I use on the 17Bii. Maybe throw in a few logical function to complement Base arithmetic too.

The 27S is a really great scratchpad calculator!
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair - mfleming - 10-09-2017 01:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)