Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair
10-08-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair
(10-08-2017 02:15 AM)mfleming Wrote:  Now some may find an algebraic calculator, even an HP one, to be somewhat objectionable. Consider what the 27S provides though. Pretty much the full 17Bii capability including HP Solver, TVM, 1 & 2 variable statistics, probability and a real time clock & calendar with appointments. Add in a pretty decent set of scientific functions including hyperbolics, base arithmetic and conversions and you have a pretty nice pocket companion. It can even print. What's not to like?

Nice recovery, with a unique twist Mark!

I agree, the 27S is a great machine despite its Algebraic limitations. It has the best overall cross-section of built-in features of any of the Pioneers, possibly of all. Plus, my wife can use it too... (though she won't. I gave her a 12C Platinum (in Alg. mode - she refuses to consider RPN) some time ago, and she won't give it up for better machines. I told her I get it.)

There were rumors for some time (ages ago) of a 27SII, which would have added RPN, like the 17BII, 19BII, etc. but it seems it was only a passing thought, as no samples have ever been seen.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting little Pioneer keyboard repair - rprosperi - 10-08-2017 04:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)