Did I wreck the site? Was not my intention.
11-16-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017 06:54 AM by jebem.)
RE: Did I wreck the site? Was not my intention.
(11-15-2017 09:05 PM)pier4r Wrote:  The package was blocked by the custom that is not really convinced by it. We will see how it proceeds. At least is not completely lost.

Yap. That is what usually happens with my orders from China and USA.
The Portuguese Customs can be very picky when checking small envelope packages that do not have a credible declared value on the attached customs form.

When it happens it will take more than 30 days to clear the package, and of course they ask me the order receipt so they can properly apply the import duties and VAT.
Sometimes they even charge for warehouse storing! Basically they hold the package because it looks suspect and then they charge me for the time spent in their warehouse.

Once I ordered some nice gold plated hi-fi banana plugs for my loudspeakers from China in eBay.
I have paid like 10 Euro inc s&h.
Customs took one month to clear it and i paid zero import taxes because the order value was under the max allowed value for free duties.
So i finally managed to get my order after two months. Free shipping from China is sloooow.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did I wreck the site? Was not my intention. - jebem - 11-16-2017 06:48 AM
What about an European MoHPC hub? - Dieter - 11-24-2017, 10:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)