A few Prime programming questions
09-28-2017, 03:29 PM
A few Prime programming questions
I'm working on implementing some of the algorithms in Curve Fitting For Programmable Calculators, but I've got some questions on how best to work on a large program.

Is there some way to provide custom help text for a function, so that you can press the Help key and see detailed info about the arguments, output, etc. as with built-in functions?

How best can I allow the user to specify one of the 2-Var Stat symbolic variables (S1, S2, S3, etc.) as an argument to the function, and subsequently write changes back to that variable? Calling the function with an unquoted S1 as a parameter would obviously pass by value, so any changes made to that list (like writing back a custom fit equation) would only affect the local copy. I suppose I'm looking for some form of indirect addressing here.

What's the best environment for programming on a PC? The Connectivity Kit lets you edit copies of a program directly on the Prime, but I'm not sure if there's some way to edit a local copy of the program, and transfer it to the Prime (or emulator) for testing.

And is there an easy way to enter special characters, such as the Greek or math symbols? I can't find any sort of symbol palette in the Connectivity Kit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A few Prime programming questions - Dave Britten - 09-28-2017 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)