HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
09-27-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ?
(09-27-2017 09:02 PM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  I myself cannot latch onto C, after having been through the K&R book and part of another one.

I paid off our house programming in C. And I did not even read a text book on it... At university I attended a (voluntary) course in FORTRAN - back then engineers were not yet supposed to write programs themselves, one would rather give the algorithm to a programmer who would code it in whatever language he liked. And when they placed a unix workstation on my desk I just did in C what I had learned to do in FORTRAN (and BASIC on my home computer). Totally natural for me, not worth a single thought. In the beginning, the lack of functions in C was a surprise - but include a couple of libraries and you can do whatever you want.

When someone is coming up with a programming challenge on this forum I usually write little program in C to solve it. Using the terminal of my MacBook pro with it's native "vi" and C compiler. I never show my results as one is supposed to use a calculator...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime - worthy successor to HP-71B ? - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-27-2017 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)