Voyager Series: How "rare" are they, really?
09-23-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Voyager Series: How "rare" are they, really?
Oh wow... I wasn't aware it was actually running an emulator layer of the original 15c code. Now I really want to find one to play with.

But no... the reviews of unhappy owners of the new LE I had been reading were almost entirely about the keys "feeling" cheap... I hadn't read anything, until now, about the debounce issues. Though I had also heard complaints about it sucking down way too much 'go juice' too, ( i.e., very short battery life).

I really like your reply from a different thread though... this one:

Thomas Radtke Wrote:  
Ron Ross Wrote:  The Hp 15c LE was simply a fan boy calculator as many have said.

It was advertized as Great Gift, so not even HP took it serious.

That's just priceless! Smile

While I wouldn't mind having an LE just to 'have', after reading various people's complaints about the things... as a daily driver I think I'd prefer using my original 15c ... it may be considerably slower, but ya know... we were able to put men on the moon just fine using slide rules and comparatively slow computers the size of buildings... so honestly, there's absolutely no reason a 'real' 15c shouldn't be good enough today... they can still hold their own just fine. Perhaps you can't program them in a Pascal-esque language... and maybe they can't graph for you, or solve equations like a PC can... but that's perfectly ok... it just means we actually have to know how to do math and solve equations, instead of letting the machines do all that for us. What a novel concept.

Hmmmm, ok... I should probably get down off my soap box now... my apologies for my 'rant' :-o

However, the original question I posted has gone a tad bit off topic. Ssssooooo, to get it back on track... do folks here, ( in general ), feel the "Collector's Corner" table regarding how easy or difficult it is to find\acquire the various calculators is still relatively accurate\reliable? Or, is it in need of a bit of updating?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voyager Series: How "rare" are they, really? - BarryT - 09-23-2017 10:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)