Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
12-27-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations).
(12-24-2017 09:48 PM)pier4r Wrote:  As far as I know, TI does not offer any app like the HP prime app (of which I expect a lot and now in those holidays I hope to reap the fruits. We will see). Is that correct?

I mean the "ti student software" works only on windows. Right?

edit:
I am trying to do my Christmas project (setting up a win10 pro mostly for the hp prime app for development) but win 10 is really an elephant on relatively old systems ("old" in terms of hd speed).

It is not much a matter of cpu or ram (samsung n130, 1gb ram, atom n270) rather the updates literally require days to complete when the HD is not that speedy for random reads and writes. win 10 is either ssd or long waiting times (if one keeps a system mostly off, so at the next power on, the system has to install months of updates).

I am not even sure TI has a Windows app like HP does,... Though I have not installed it, so cannot be sure.

When I looked into it, I noted two areas of concern.
First, the TI sites make lots of references to ROM being copyrighted and having to download it from your calculator. Are those ROM's for some other product, or do you have to download the software app and then find you cannot use it until an actual calculator arrives in the post?

Second, the very name of the App. "STUDENT'S". AM I sure that the licence will allow it to run without typing in the school I am [not] attending??? Am I sure I can buy one copy of the licence and not 40?

Perhaps it will let me run it at home...
But with the HP equivalent there is no suggestion that when the technology "improves" you might need a headmaster's fingerprint to unlock it.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hp prime questions (plus little explorations). - StephenG1CMZ - 12-27-2017 12:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)