HHC 2017 RPL Programming contest information and results thread
09-18-2017, 10:53 PM
RE: HHC 2017 RPL Programming contest information and results thread
(09-18-2017 07:58 PM)Gene Wrote:  Well, I hope everyone is not too disappointed...

Not at all, I think the scoring idea was brilliant. Based only on speed or only on code size makes everybody focus on the same thing, while mixing several variables like you did really made the problem so much more interesting to work on.
Low denominators is only the first step to get a decent score, that's done and from now on your error penalty becomes huge. Code size is also a much bigger factor now that denominators/1e7 is a small number.
I personally think you did a great job on this contest. I predict that during this week, several other people will come up with new and much better algorithms than mine, there's a lot of room for improvement yet, all thanks to your scoring system.
Perhaps during the conference people didn't have time to dig deep enough into the problem, but in this forum this is not over...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HHC 2017 RPL Programming contest information and results thread - Claudio L. - 09-18-2017 10:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)