Cannot Update Emulator's Firmware and Connectivity Kit
08-22-2017, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 03:44 PM by smtwmim.)
Cannot Update Emulator's Firmware and Connectivity Kit
I installed the latest version of the Prime emulator on my Windows 10 machine (HP_Prime_Virtual_Calculator_2016_12_08.exe, downloaded from HP's FTP site), but when I go to Calculator -> Check for update, I receive the following message:

"Could not connect to the update server (http://ftp.hp.com). Please check your Internet connection. Click the Check Online button below to manually check for an update in a web browser."

When I click "Check Online", I'm taken to the FTP site, where I see the file Prime/HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20170710.zip, which indicates there is a firmware update available. I downloaded the zip file but I'm not sure how to actually update the emulator's firmware manually using the zip file. The About section shows "Build: 2016 12 8. Rev:11226".

I also installed the latest version of the Connectivity Kit (HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_20161208.exe, downloaded from HP's FTP site), and went to Help -> Check for update. The updated firmware was apparently downloaded to my machine. I then went to Help -> Update Calculator, and clicked "Update". However, the "Update" button just grayed out and nothing seemed to happen. Further attempts to "Check for update" show "No updates are available", and further attempts to "Update Calculator" behave as mentioned above. The About section shows "Build: 2016 12 8. Rev:11226".

Any assistance on updating the emulator's firmware and connectivity kit would be greatly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Cannot Update Emulator's Firmware and Connectivity Kit - smtwmim - 08-22-2017 07:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)