Extending the precision of Woodstock or Saturn based calculators
08-09-2017, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 07:31 AM by Alejandro Paz(Germany).)
Extending the precision of Woodstock or Saturn based calculators
I was wondering if someone made any inroads in extending the precision of the algorithms implemented in the woodstock or (could also be nut) saturn based machines.

Let me explain:

Say the word is 32 nibbles long instead of 14 or 16. I now that it needs a new processor, so to say. And the P register and handling needs extension, and so on.

Note: I am aware of the extended precision done to the 41, I read something about it here in the forums. But it not is implemented with extra long working registers, nor has more than 13 digits.

What are your thoughts about it ?

See it as an experiment.

I am working on this parallel version of the woodstock core, and was wondering if one could achieve better precision by extension of the word and fixing of the algorithms.
I wanted to test with square root, I think it is quite simple and I have an over look of it, it doesn't need extra routines (at least the saturn version).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Extending the precision of Woodstock or Saturn based calculators - Alejandro Paz(Germany) - 08-09-2017 07:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)