newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
10-18-2017, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 04:47 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(10-17-2017 06:23 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  Found an issue with local variable assignments via the arrow. If you do:

<< 1 2 3 -> a b c << >> >>

It treats the a as 'a', but it just calls the variables for b and c. This is no problem in a standalone program, but if you call this routine from another that has assigned b or c, you get an error.

You can get around this with HIDELOCALS, but I don't think that should be necessary in this case. Or if it is, I don't see why a and b should be treated differently.

Excellent catch! I need to see why it stops at the first variable when adding quotes, all of them are supposed to be 'quoted' during compilation. Will be fixed ASAP.
EDIT: Found it and fixed it.

By the way, for all the followers, I've gone quiet recently because things are cooking in newRPL. A lot of the matrix commands were implemented in the past couple of weeks, I also added the first numeric solver (PROOT, using Laguerre's method) and works great. The idea is to finish all the commands in the matrix module, that's a lot of algorithms that need to be implemented, some of them not-so-trivial so it's taking quite a bit of time.
On another subject, that means the number of implemented commands finally reached 50%!!! It's been a long road to get to 50%, and once the matrix module and numeric solvers are complete, most of the math power will be ready to use, as the vast majority of the commands yet to be implemented are UI related, plotting, etc. (which is a big topic, I admit).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 10-18-2017 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)