newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-23-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
(09-22-2017 10:33 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  One advantage of the way flags work is that not only do they let you set values for configurations, but they also allow you to programmatically query what the current configuration is.

I apologize in advance if what I am about to ask is irrelevant (I haven't yet had the time to figure out how to use newRPL!), but does NewRPL provide the ability to programmatically determine things like the current font size and the current default base? If so, then there is absolutely no need for flags for those like the 49/50 have. If not, then that might be an area where some improvement could be made.
Completely relevant. Everything that's not done with flags has commands to set and get the configuration, including number format, fonts, etc. As a matter of fact, there's no GUI yet to select anything, so everything *is* programmatic at this point.
Now you mentioned the default base: there's no default base, each number can have its own base, the system will not add it for you. You specifically have to give a base: #3h.

(09-22-2017 10:33 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  Also, after I installed newRPL 0.9a on Windows 10, the only thing it added to its Start menu group was the Uninstall shortcut -- it didn't create a shortcut to run the actual newRPL program from. I don't know if this is a problem with my system or a bug in the installer, but I thought I'd point it out.

That's strange. I created the installer using the open source Excelsior installer, and tested it before uploading. It created a desktop icon, and inside the menu group there's the uninstaller and the actual program. I'm also using Windows 10 on this machine. Perhaps uninstall and try again?
If not then I'll have to perhaps start using a different installer creator software.

By the way, I forgot to mention to everybody reading this thread that I updated both the simulator and the ROMs to build 916, and named it Alpha 0.9a.
It's far more stable than 0.9 so I thought to make an official release.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-23-2017 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)