newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-19-2017, 08:27 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15]
All ROMs were updated to build #911.

Changes:

* All unit commands now support proper list handling (as reported above).
* Most display glitches were corrected. Only one remains that I know of, full screen command line with hidden second menu and press-and-hold command help.
* Fixes a bug in SD card that gave an error trying to mount a card for more than 300 ms (found this happening some times when playing with a calculator switcher, more on that below).
* Fixed the font objects: the font converter had incorrect object sizes for all fonts.
* Fixes some bad behavior in SETNFMT that made it not work reliably.

Here's something interesting to play with: I found out that SDARCHIVE/SDRESTORE are quick enough to use as a calculator switcher.

On a calc with a good SD card, create a program SWITCH and keep it handy:
Code:

«
  "CALC" CALCID + ".NRPB" + SDARCHIVE
  "CALC" NEXTCALCID + ".NRPB"  + SDRESTORE 
»

Now store any number on 'CALCID', let's say 1, and another number in 'NEXTCALCID', let's say 2.
Run SWITCH, it will fail on SDRESTORE with file not found, that's OK for now.
Now set 'CALCID' to 2, and 'NEXTCALCID' to 1. and run SWITCH again.
From now on, SWITCH will alternate between these 2 calculators. From now on the 2 calcs can diverge, one for work, one for dangerous tests, etc.
To distinguish them, I used flags -15 and -16 to change the menus to white. You can also use different fonts on each calc. Of course, technically you can also look at 'CALCID'.
This way it's easy to "fork" a calculator by changing its CALCID and running SWITCH. Then you need to make sure other calcs NEXTCALCID is set properly so SWITCH can cycle through them all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-09-15] - Claudio L. - 09-19-2017 08:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)