newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-11-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-24]
(09-10-2017 04:45 PM)The Shadow Wrote:  I've noticed that STO+, STO-, and the other STO variants do not play nice with lists at all. For example, if 'A' contains { 1 2 3 } and you do 4 'A' STO+, you get an 'Empty data stack (internal)' error, and 'A' ends up containing 4.

Also, their syntax is different (and less flexible) than oldRPL. In oldRPL, if 'A' contains 4 and you do:

1 'A' STO-

you get -3. If you want 3, you do:

'A' 1 STO-

instead. Basically, the variable gets replaced with the value and then the operation is done.

This doesn't matter for commutative operations, of course. But even multiplication isn't commutative for matrices!

Finally, add +, -, and * to the list of things that need to be mapped to alpha-hold. /, alas, has to remain Z by default.

EDIT: I just noticed that IABCUV returns an "Empty data stack (internal)" error, even though it works otherwise. By the way, any chance of ICHINREM? I can fake it well enough with a working IABCUV, though.

I'll investigate the internal empty stack, and can add some extra flexibility to the STO variants. They should work well with lists so I'll check what's going on. May take a few days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-24] - Claudio L. - 09-11-2017 12:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)