newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
09-01-2017, 05:52 PM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-24]
Had an idea to make user menus even more flexible and (in some common use cases) more compact. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it would be non-trivial to implement. Sad But I'll throw it out there in case I'm wrong.

Basically, recycle the key code format. Since the actual key will vary, you leave it off. So "..L" would mean "long press on the menu key".

"..P" would mean "do this when pressed, but don't include other VAR menu stuff unless explicitly mentioned with keycodes"

So, let's say you have a program called PROG. { PROG } would, as now, produce a key that works like a VAR menu key: Left shift does STO and right shift does RCL.

But frequently, all you want is a menu which runs PROG, without worrying about the VAR baggage. Currently you have to express that as { << PROG >> << >> << >> } and you don't get the neat flexibility in different modes.

With this new version, you'd just say { "..P" { PROG } }. You don't have to add key combinations that don't do anything, and you keep the mode flexibility.

Unfortunately, as I said, I suspect this would be a lot of work, so I don't have any expectations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-24] - The Shadow - 09-01-2017 05:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)