newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-10-25]
08-19-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11]
(08-18-2017 10:41 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  But at some point I decided that EVAL should work element wise rather than explode the list for consistency, and I forgot about all other commands that rely on this behavior. It's a simple fix, I'll put it in the bug tracker.

That's what I figured.

Quote:That's very strange, it works very well on both my calculators, with all the SD cards I could find here to test (4 of them). Would be nice to have your card to see what the problem is.

I was afraid you'd say that. I'll try with my other SD card.

Quote:Makes sense, perhaps should be STOADD for consistency with STO+, and to avoid the confusion with SREPL and other "S" commands.

Makes sense, but then you have to decide whether to keep SINV and SCONJ for legacy purposes, or change them to STOINV and STOCONJ for consistency. Smile

I was going to say I doubt anyone uses them, but now that I'm getting used to programming with local variables, I can actually see myself using SCONJ a fair bit.

Quote: Sink your teeth in this: I just uploaded a version that fixes ->Q, and also implements SDARCHIVE/SDRESTORE. Just provide a file name and will store everything, including the stack.

Oh wow! Right when I've written enough programs to make it worth it, too! In fact, I was just in the midst of coding a quick way to save a directory on the card so I won't lose my work - guess I won't need it!

I'm curious what the problem was with ->Q?

Also, you'll be pleased to hear this - I coded a quick and dirty brute-force algorithm to factor numbers, no optimization at all, and have been using it to make lists of divisors... And it's regularly faster than the built-in oldRPL DIVIS command, sometimes stunningly so, even though it takes the time to sort the list while DIVIS doesn't!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Alpha demo 0.9 released [UPDATED 2017-08-11] - The Shadow - 08-19-2017 01:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)