Possible death of calculators in education?
05-19-2017, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 11:28 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Possible death of calculators in education?
Maybe in the US, when I searched (2016 March) here in Europe was not that trivial aside spending the amount equal to get a nvidia shield k1.

Anyway as long as I can buy real calc I will buy those (due to the optimized keyboard for math entries), I won't pioneer some matchup with app that may or may not support a -small- physical keyboard.

I do remember mathspace or spacemath (now mathstudio.io) on a windows 6.1 smartphone with keyboard. Was not bad, but still clumsy because there was no way to remap buttons, so due to this I gladly let the other test and then buy when something is well tested.

(Fun fact: on windows mobile 5 and 6 there were quite a lot of math environments -no emulators - that nowadays android still is missing)

I will see how the hp prime app will perform on a tablet, I have some hopes that math environments (no emulators) on tablets are doable.

@785:
"As a kid, I was told that only those deserve to have a calculator who can actually calculate things without one. The calculator only helps you do it faster, but it's no use if you have no idea what it actually computes and how."
Interesting approach.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible death of calculators in education? - pier4r - 05-19-2017 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)